Gone are the days of waiting for your dental x-rays to develop! Digital dental x-rays are the new and improved version of dental imaging that is taking the dental world by storm. Here’s what you need to know about this innovative technology and why it’s such a game changer.
What are Digital Dental X-Rays?
Digital dental x-rays are exactly what they sound like. Traditional film x-rays that use chemicals to develop images. Instead, digital x-rays use computers technology to produce detailed images in just seconds. The result is a much clearer and more accurate image of the inside of your mouth.
How Do Digital Dental X-Rays Work
Digital dental x-rays use a special sensor instead of film to capture images of the inside of the mouth. The sensor is placed in the mouth, and a small amount of radiation is used to produce an image of the teeth and surrounding structures. The image is then transmitted to a computer, where it can be viewed and stored.
The process of capturing a digital dental x-ray is quick and painless, making it a popular choice for patients. The images are produced in just seconds, and the amount of radiation used is much lower than with traditional film x-rays.
Benefits of Digital Dental X-Rays
There are a ton of benefits to digital dental x-rays that make them the preferred choice for many dental professionals. Here are just a few:
- Speed: With digital x-rays, images are captured and processed much faster than with traditional film x-rays. This means less time waiting in the dental chair and more time getting on with your day.
- Accuracy: They can produce high-quality images that are much clearer and more detailed than traditional film x-rays. This makes it easier for dental professionals to diagnose and treat various oral health problems.
- Environmentally friendly: These x-rays are more environmentally friendly than traditional film x-rays because they don’t require chemicals or other hazardous materials to develop the images.
- Increased patient comfort: Digital x-rays use less radiation than traditional film x-rays, making them a safer and more comfortable option for patients.
- Easy to store and share: Since the images are stored on a computer, it’s extremely easy for dental professionals to store, access, and share images with other healthcare providers.
- Improved patient education: With digital x-rays, dentists can easily show patients what’s going on inside their mouths, so patients can easily understand their oral health and the treatments they may need.
Find High-Quality Medical Equipment at Great Lakes Imaging
For nearly 30 years, Great Lakes Imaging has provided premium medical imaging equipment from exam tables to digital x-ray systems. If you’re in the market for a digital dental x-ray machine, we provide new and pre-owned medical equipment. Along with installation services, you can have your facility equipped with the latest cutting-edge technology without the hastle.
Want to learn more about how Great Lakes Imaging can help you, visit our website to see what we have to offer or contact us today to speak with one of our friendly professionals.