Virtual Grid™, ISS and Dynamic Visualization™
The FDR-flex is driven by three of Fujifilm’s innovative advancements: Virtual Grid image processing, patented Irradiated Side Sampling (ISS) detector capture circuitry and Dynamic Visualization anatomic feature recognition image processing.
Virtual Grid (option)
Processing intelligently simulates grid use, eliminating scatter effect, to improve contrast and clarity for images acquired without a grid. Useful in portable exams, it eliminates artifacts associated with physical grid misalignment and improper SID.
- Intuitively recognizes scatter effect in the image
- Precisely tunes contrast and noise control
- Eliminates misalignment factors
- Customizable grid characteristics, grid line ratio, density and interspacing material
Irradiated Side Sampling (ISS)
Fujifilm’s patented Irradiated Side Sampling (ISS) design increases sharpness and DQE by capturing signals where they are sharpest and strongest, reducing light scatter and blur. Fujifilm’s innovation uniquely positions its thin-film transistors (TFT) at the top of the scintillation layer, reading the image where image data is sharpest and strongest, resulting in exceptional image quality at lower doses.
- High resolution images
- Increased sharpness
- High DQE
- Improved dose efficiency
Fujifilm’s Dynamic Visualization image processing automatically recognizes the region of interest and applies optimum image processing parameters throughout the entire exposure field, producing images with higher detail and contrast levels for improved window and leveling, and exceptional diagnostic image quality. Additional advanced processing refinements include:
- Multi-Frequency Processing (MFP): Applies edge enhancement and gray scale processing to multiple frequencies, improving visibility for varying densities and foreign structures. Useful in viewing spine, skull and orthopedic hardware images
- Flexible Noise Control (FNC): Selectively suppresses noise without loss of sharpness. Useful for pediatrics, lumbar spine and abdomen views
- Grid Pattern Removal (GPR) (option): Intelligently removes moiré patterns caused by grids
- Fujifilm DR to Fujifilm Synapse PACS viewing shortcuts: Applies radiologist-specific single-click processing preferences to views, significantly simplifying workflow